This was one of those things that didn't go at all as planned. The tour for Wednesday was confirmed, but it turns out that they somehow made our reservation for two. I am certain that when I called (you can't reserve online) I gave them pass numbers for all three of the passes we had purchased that included this tour. The tour was full and they couldn't add another. We checked with the concierge at the hotel, but they said there was no way we could get on another tour for that day. She told us that there is a standby line where you can wait to get on a tour that people do not show up for, and she said to get there before they opened. So we were in line at 6am. The park ranger said 15-20 people don't show up for any given tour, so we actually made it on the first one at 8am. I did not realize we would still be able to see the Arizona under water. A ranger at the site told us the story of one of the sailors that was there that day. It was very moving. His name was Doris Miller, you can learn about him here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doris_Miller.
No comments:
Post a Comment