Saturday, February 1, 2014

Buttons

I'm seriously about to throw in the towel on blogger, it's still not working. Grrrr..They claim a fix will be available "soon" but it's been broken for well over a month. I don't know why I didn't use wordpress. Anyway, I digress. Last week we had a lovely visit with Amber. She inspired me to get Great Grandma's button box cleaned up, so she and Ethan and I washed buttons, and more buttons, and more buttons. The tin had started rusting and some of them were corroding, and there were a number still sewn to fabric which was dry rotting, so it was a big old mess. While we were cleaning, Ethan said "I bet Great Grandma would have been glad we are doing this. I bet she would want me to get some stars for helping." (For his reward chart.) He's working the angles already.


2 comments:

Grandma and Pa said...

What a job....glad you could work on it together, wish I had been there too! Hope they all dried out nicely. I can still get the aroma when you talk about the "button box"...it was a special time when I was a girl and grandma Simon allowed us to sit and string buttons from that box...what memories. thanks and thanks for caring enough to take care of it! Love, Mom/grandma

Aunt Linda said...

Yes thank you so much for sharing and taking care of them. I would have loved to have been there. How nice that Amber could make it to see you all too. Love the additions to the blog.

Love you all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis