This morning we started off with French toast and sausage for James's birthday. Ethan let him open a present, an Elephant and Piggie book called We are in a Book. They took the time to read it while I finished cooking. Then it was off to school for Ethan and work for James and I. Yesterday Ethan and I made a birthday cake, rye bread for James's lunch, brioche for the French toast, and cupcakes and cream puffs for me to take to work for the thank you- goodbye lunch for our project archivist. We also wrapped presents and went grocery shopping as well as to the library for new books. We were very busy.
After school and work, we went out for dinner. Ethan let James open the rest of his presents. When we put him in bed tonight he told me "We have to buy Daddy lots more presents. We didn't get him the triteradon!" I think that's some kind of dinosaur, or he thinks that's the name of a dinosaur- not sure which. But Ethan picked out a dinosaur puzzle which can be used to make various real or imaginary dino creatures. He also picked out a "Things to do with Daddy" book and a grown up book for James.
When we finished dinner, we came home from the restaurant for birthday cake. Ethan picked out the candles. He wanted the t-rex to eat the cake. He helped blow out the candles. He told me he can take them off the cake because he is a grown up. When I suggested if he was a grown up he should pay for dinner he said "What are you talking about Mommy, that doesn't make any sense!" After that, we read some books and went to bed very late. Luckily tomorrow he can sleep in. Of course he probably won't want to...



2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!! Looks like you all had a grand time! The cake is awesome! love to all....
Ethan, you make daddy's birthday so-o-o much fun! I know he loves you and mommy and how much you do for him, he sure gets alot of birthday time celebrating many different parts of the day and day before.
Love, Grandma Deb and Pop Pop
Post a Comment