Sunday, June 6, 2010

"My House"


Saturday morning I had to go into work for a while. Ethan and James got to hang out, and they spent some time building Ethan's "house" in the basement with leftover cardboard from the play kitchen. When he's done, he likes to "blow my house down" like the big bad wolf. After work we went to run a few errands and then we went out for dinner- well, we went to Denmos. Ethan wanted to go to an "estaurant" and while it wasn't exactly that it was good not to cook. However, we did decide on the way out that we should not eat there often. Not that it is bad, but it's not exactly health food as evidenced by the look of the regulars. We went to the green to do a few laps and get off a few of the calories. Today we went to New Rochelle to see Grandma Jean. This afternoon Ethan and I read books for a while and James made us carnitas for dinner. That was our exciting weekend. Oh, I forgot to say while running errands we went to Home Depot where they had 1 gallon perennials 3/$10 so we bought three new plans and Ethan and I planted them when we got home. We'll see how they do. One was a type of lavender and while I was taking it out of the pot it sort of split like it was two plants, so I planted it in two different spots to see if I could expand my purchase. One of these days we have things to divide too, the lady's mantle is out of control as are a few hastas. I was delusional to think planting perennials meant do it once and you're done but at least Ethan likes digging.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grandma and Pa said...

Boy that looks like fun, especially the huffing and puffing part!!! It's nice you and daddy got some time to play! It sounds like you had a nice weekend. We picked our first cucumbers from the garden. Hope you get some soon. Also nice you got to go out to dinner......love to all