Monday, September 14, 2009

Cafe Ethan


I hope no one thinks there is a particular order to the pictures I get of Ethan and his birthday gifts. It just comes down to what he's playing with at the exact moment I find the camera. He got this awesome set of pots and pans and utensils as well as his very own monogrammed apron from his Auntie Mandy and Uncle Jeff. He is having so much fun with them cooking up his favorite dishes. The things he makes most often are soup and eggs. Tonight he sauteed some onions in his new saute pan. He also boiled some pasta. And he is really loving his new learning tower. This was a combo gift- last year he got a gift card from my friend Danielle and her family for a really cool store. I was incapable of deciding what to use it on. As the year went on, it became more obvious that I was ever to be allowed to set him down while cooking or baking we would need some way of letting Ethan see what I was doing. The store he had the gift card for had the learning tower. So we combined that with a gift from Ethan's Grandma Deborah and Pop Pop and another from James and I, and now I feel like I have a gift! He "cooks" the entire time I'm cooking. I highly recommend this thing, it's worth EVERY penny. The only downside is he doesn't want to come to the table to eat, he wants to stand there.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Auntie Mandy said...

Ethan, Auntie is so happy you love your gifts. I couldn't wait to give them to you! Enjoy!!!

Aunt Linda said...

What great gifts you got Master Chef Ethan. I love the pots and pans and also the learning tower. You are so lucky to be able to cook along side of your momma and daddy.
love you loads
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis

Grandma and Pa said...

What a toy? You will be a master chef by the time you are in Kindergarten at this rate! I think all of this classifies as the real thing...all I can say is WOW. Happy cooking! He is enjoying himself immensely! Hugs to you

Charlene Barbacci said...

Girls like Boys with SKILLS!! You GO Ethan!!