Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cake


Were you all wondering what Ethan asked for as a birthday cake? It was an elephant. Does he look like he likes it? Or is even remotely interested? Well no, once you open presents and become absolutely enthralled with your talking vacation car, you're not interested in cake. He didn't notice that it was an elephant, and he certainly did not want to eat it. He drank some milk and repeated "get down and play" and "car" over and over until we gave up. Lesson learned- do not bother your expert cake decorator Aunt to send you cake pans and advise from Florida and subsequently spend the greater part of a day making a cake for a two year old hoping he will like it. He doesn't give an elephant's @#*. Yes, I'm slightly disappointed.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!! Linda, I love the elephant cake, very impressive!! Looks like he had a wonderful birthday. Love the picture of him smiling from his crib :)

Grandma and Pa said...

The cake is wonderful!!!!! We appreciate all your hard work Linda. You can show Ethan the pictures in years to come and he will remember how special his 2nd birthday was. Looks like you all had a grand time! Is he still singing Happy Birthday? Love, Grandma and Pa...xxxxx ooooo

Aunt Linda said...

It sure looks like you had a great birthday Ethan. Your momma did a great job on the cake. Don't be discouraged about the cake Linda. I have done plenty of cakes that went unnoticed by many but I still feel a sense of acomplishment in doing them. It sounds like Ethan had many distractions, so it isn't surprising that he was not interested.
Thanks once again for sharing all of Ethan's excitement.

Julie said...

Linda! You are completely delusional if you do not think that is the most fantastic cake ever!!! Your skill level is crazy good and you come in to work and try to make it sound like you barely pulled it off!! Accept your baking dominance!! It is much more fun to lord it over people then pretend it doesn't exist!!

Linda Hocking said...

Julie you don't understand- I am the amateur in a family of cake geniuses. My mom doesn't do it anymore, but did you see his cake last year? Aunt Linda could do this professionally for sure- I just know I'm not in that category. But maybe it's a good thing since he didn't look at it!

Aunt Linda said...

I agree with you Julie, Linda did a great job on the cake. She needs to take credit for a great job.

Love Aunt Linda