Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Eggs in There
Ethan and I had another very busy day today. This morning we went to meet a playgroup date to meet a new baby. Ethan got to play with some friends for a while. Before going, we baked some mini muffins to share. Granny and Gramps gave us some zucchini so we made chocolate zucchini mini muffins. Despite having squash in them, using part wheat flour, adding flax seed and wheat germ, they actually didn't taste awful. They were even moist. They weren't low fat by any means, but they were fairly healthy for the kids. Ethan helped bake them, and he even made his own batch while I cleaned up. Then we made them look pretty and brought them with us.
After playgroup, we came home for lunch and a nap. The nap was unfortunately on the short side, but since we had a lot of errands to run that was ok. We usually grocery shop in the morning, but since Ethan decided to be cranky and we chose to hang out at home making muffins instead, we had to cram it in the afternoon. We had to stop at the dry cleaners and the post office, and I managed to get him an appointment for a hair cut. After all of that we made it to grocery shopping. When we finally got home, it was time to cook dinner. Ethan got into the action again. He made soup and he made eggs. This clip is of the egg making. I tried to get him to stand still for a picture of the hair cut, but he wanted to "see it" before I even took it- he likes to look in the viewfinder. So we will have to get that another day. Today I asked what kind of cake he wants on his birthday- it's one week away so I have to figure it out. He gave me an answer. I will have to consult with the expert on this one. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yummy chocolate zucchini muffins, Ethan you have quite a variety of skills! A cook and so o o handsome to top off your assets Wow! I love eggs, any kind, what kind are you making here?
So what kind of cake do you want, Ethan? Are you going to let us in on that secret? Any kind would suit me just fine!
Love,
Grandma Deb and Pop Pop B
Wow, it tired me out just to read about your day, much less do it! Eggs are good for you...the haircut looks great. Is it a truck birthday cake that Ethan wants? hugs and kisses...
What a joy you are Ethan. Your muffins sound great to me. Wish I had one too. I remember doing your birthday cake for your 1st birthday. What fun that was and I can't believe it is a year later already. You have grown so much since then. Wish I could be there to do this cake for you but I am sure your Momma will make you a great one. She is very talented. I for one can't wait to see it.
love to you all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis
Wow Ethan, many questions are being asked for your "secret" recipes. Are you going to answer them all? :o)
He will type an answer if I let him, but it might be unintelligible. You'll all get to see his cake after he does. But it's not a truck, which was the answer I expected. Don't worry, I'm consulting experts about the construction of said masterpiece :)
I agree with Mandy Linda :-) You are too controlling of the blog. Let Ethan answer some questions. He is two. He can handle it ;-)
Post a Comment