Friday, April 17, 2015
Bullet Hill School
Ethan's school takes all the second graders to a one-room schoolhouse in town. They are supposed to go through the day as they would have in 1850. They have to dress like they would have, use the right manners, write with quill pens, etc. I volunteered to be a docent for the day, so I got to see most of what he did. His class even wrote a book that the school will sell to raise money. The kids illustrated it. The first selectman came so they could present him with a copy, and reporters from the local papers came as well. He wore a white shirt there, but he had a nosebleed so I went home during a break and got him a different one. He didn't think the first selectman would like the stain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow that's quite a day! A nice time for sure. What did you do to be stood in the corner with the dunce hat on Ethan? LOL
Post a Comment