Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Earning


Last week when we went to Target, Ethan wanted to get a new Cars toy. He had $1 and it cost $3. I told him he had to earn the other two. So he earned one by helping make bread dough. He filled the measuring cup, leveled it off, and counted out the right number of cups of flour. He earned the other by taking a good nap (I couldn't think of another chore- I'm not ashamed to resort to bribery). I don't think we're ready for allowance, but he needs to start understanding that there isn't a money tree.

2 comments:

Grandma and Pa said...

Good job!!!! and you are right..there isn't a money tree....love grandma jo

Gram Deb & PopPop said...

What great ways to learn many things-cooking, counting, measuring, and earning power! I think you are all doing a great job!!

Love Grandma Deborah