I didn't post pictures of the animals we saw at the zoo last week, so I neglected to tell the best story. We were in the bird sanctuary in one of the open exhibits where the birds can just fly around. We were up on kind of a mezzanine where you could look over down and up to see the birds habitat. The tree in this picture extended out over the area where people could stand and watch. I looked up and saw this bird there, and started snapping his picture. I took a few then looked at some other things. All of a sudden it flew off its perch, to the back of the room, turned around and came back towards us. He landed right in the middle of James's head. I wish I had the camera on then. James was holding Ethan so all I could think of was this book he has called Heedley Pecked me in the Eye. It goes "I did not blink, I did not cry, it's not his fault, he can't discern and eyeball from a juicy worm." So I was trying to think of exactly how to get the bird off of James when he moved enough to make the thing fly onto the wall. He was clearly a people bird.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Close Encounter
I didn't post pictures of the animals we saw at the zoo last week, so I neglected to tell the best story. We were in the bird sanctuary in one of the open exhibits where the birds can just fly around. We were up on kind of a mezzanine where you could look over down and up to see the birds habitat. The tree in this picture extended out over the area where people could stand and watch. I looked up and saw this bird there, and started snapping his picture. I took a few then looked at some other things. All of a sudden it flew off its perch, to the back of the room, turned around and came back towards us. He landed right in the middle of James's head. I wish I had the camera on then. James was holding Ethan so all I could think of was this book he has called Heedley Pecked me in the Eye. It goes "I did not blink, I did not cry, it's not his fault, he can't discern and eyeball from a juicy worm." So I was trying to think of exactly how to get the bird off of James when he moved enough to make the thing fly onto the wall. He was clearly a people bird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ethan, what a big bird flew on daddy's head! Did he land on your head too? I thought it did?
Wow, you guys are brave!!
Love you lots and lots,
Grandma Deb and PopPop
People bird nothing, he was an attacking man eater and Ethan and I were lucky to escape with our lives.
Poor James and Ethan.......glad he didn't peck at you...what a great story!!! Thanks for the humor? I guess it was funny if it wasn't you right James? Love to all...
Poor James and Ethan.......glad he didn't peck at you...what a great story!!! Thanks for the humor? I guess it was funny if it wasn't you right James? Love to all...
Pa says next time you go to the zoo better carry the shotgun!!!
Post a Comment