Last night we had company so Ethan was helping me get some things ready. He was painting for a while so that I could cut up some cucumbers and put some hummus in a bowl. He was amply rewarded, he got to lick the hummus off the spatula. Isn't it great that hummus gets as much excitement as cookie dough? He also spent some time sitting on the couch reading while I set the table. He's a good kid. Most of the time.
This morning Crazy Uncle Derek gave Ethan some presents. This orange fellow is Mr. Tickle, one of Ethan's favorites of the Mr. Men/Little Miss books. Sadly it was such a favorite that the pages fell out. Mr. Tickle has been tickling everyone all day. Thanks Capellaro.
This afternoon poor Ethan kept telling me he wanted to go to the beach. With a cloudy day, sprinkles on and off, and maybe 50 degree high this was no beach day. He wanted to play with the shovel and bucket he got James for his birthday. So I remembered one of the moms group mothers telling me she gave her kid a pan of rice and let him go nuts. So I gave Ethan a pan of rice. He must have played with it for half an hour. Probably the longest I've ever seen him do anything. And he basically had to be coaxed away from it (so I could spend ten minutes vacuuming it up!) but it was worth it, he had a great time and was occupied while I made dinner.

2 comments:
Looks like the rice was a hit! What a great idea, I'm sure you will be finding it for days, it probably bounced when it fell... You had an entertaining weekend. Love Mr. Tickle Ethan. He is happy just like you are! Love to all
What a great weekend you all seem to have had! Yummy hummus and great for you too, a bonus!
Post a Comment