Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fairy Tales


You haven't seen any artwork in a while. I think you might enjoy Ethan's "Little Boy Blue." He made him at school. They must have had a fables and fairy tales week because he's been telling James and I all about the three little piggies. That reminded me of a really cute toy he didn't know he had- Jeannie and Kurt and Elise got him The Three Little Pigs finger puppets when he was tiny and I put them away because he didn't quite get it then. So I found them and he's been loving them. There's a big bad wolf and everything.

Today he's a little crank. He may have allergies, pollen is flying, or he may still be working on these molars the doctors assure me are coming but really don't seem to be showing up. Either way he is a grump. He wasn't even happy to get his cheese in the store. While there, some man picked up $10 off the floor and handed it to me, I said it wasn't mine but he insisted I take it. So Ethan and I tried to return it to our favorite cashier only to find out that no one had claimed it or noticed it missing. She also insisted we keep it. So we bought some goodies for the food bank.

After that, I wanted to try cheering him up. We still had Ethan's Easter present from Grandma and Pa so we went to the starbucks for a snack- Ethan loves the mini vanilla scones and he also enjoyed some of my unsweetened tea believe it or not and then went to the toy store where he found a "mix mixer" and a delivery truck. I'm sure you'll see those soon. If he lets go of Mr. Tickle that is.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grandma and Pa said...

Your artwork is great! Is little boy blue in a haystack? Glad you bought food bank supplies with the found $. What a good lesson for Ethan. Also glad you enjoyed his Easter present. Wish I had been at Starbucks with you! Sounds like you had a busy day. Love to all.