Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finger Prunes

Sorry I have no picture. I just wanted to tell you all about finger prunes. One day after Ethan's bath I said his fingers looked like prunes. Since then, every time they get wrinkly he says "Mommy I have finger prunes." Sunday night he announced to James, "I have finger prunes on my toes Daddy." I found that entertaining. Other interesting sayings he has picked up are "of course not, Mommy" and "What about a toaster?" I just relay these things, I don't know where he got them from.

Today we baked cookies and he expertly mixed the dry ingredients, packed and leveled the brown sugar like a pro (which was delayed by a kitchen dance to the Stone's "Brown Sugar" meaning I dance while holding him and "spin Mommy spin!") and expertly scooped out the dough on the cookie sheets. If this kid doesn't work in the food industry he's at least going to be able to feed himself very well. And James and I when we're in the old folks home.

3 comments:

Grandma and Pa said...

I want a cookie! I'll bet they are very good too Ethan. How cute. Finger prunes...love it. Thanks for taking the time to relay Ethan's growing experiences with us. We do appreciate it. He may be a chef one day! Hugs and kisses...

Babs said...

You are a great mom! I hope Ethan picks
out a fabulous wife one day who deserves
him- and you :-)

Grandma Deb & Pop Pop said...

Ethan is growing so beautifully because he has a great mom and dad who teach him wonderful things! Ethan you are a sweetie pie! I bet your cookies are the best!
Love you lots!