Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Planting the Seeds


A few weeks ago Ethan and I purchased some new seeds. He picked them out. We got pumpkins and tomatoes, basil, parsley, and some other herbs. Today since the sun was shining in the morning we went outside to start them in some egg cartons. We filled them up with starter soil, put in the seeds, and watered them. Now we wait (that's the hard part for both of us :) . Ethan enjoyed being outside, but despite the sunshine it was still pretty chilly at 9 am so we went back inside when we finished the seeds. That only made one of us happy. We went out again to go to the store, and we decided it was a nice day for a little ride afterwards, so we went to Toy Journey. Ethan played with their train table and then he picked out a toy helicopter and magnifying glass. We haven't got many small car toys, so that was the idea w/ the helicopter, and I imagine he'll want to be outside more this summer so the magnifying glass should come in handy to keep him occupied while I try pulling weeds.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love the look of concentration and his little tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth in the bottom right hand picture!!

Grandma and Pa said...

Wow, I can't believe it is warmer in CT than in NC. It has snowed all day, starting around 11 and is predicted to keep it up til midnight. Accumulation of 2-4 inches they say. I'm glad you got to enjoy the sunshine. Your expressions are priceless. Thanks to mommy for keeping us updated. Love to all..

Aunt Linda said...

It looks like you are going to be a great gardener Ethan. It is really rewarding to see the seeds that you plant yourself start to sprout and then turn into something that you can pick and eat. Your mom and dad are teaching you great things.

love to all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis

grandma Deb said...

Dear Ethan, It's so good to be able to once again see your pictures on the blog! You are such a focused gardener! I bet you'll get wonderful veggies.
Love you, Grandma Deb