Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Winterthur, Take 1 and 2


Top left- bird's nest; bottom left- cottage; top center- bench swing; middle- tulip tree house; bottom center- cottage; right- cottage

Top left- tea garden; bottom left mushroom fairie ring; top center birds nest; center- bench swing; bottom center- coming in; top right- cottage; next birds nest; bench swing; frog fountain

We spent Saturday at Winterthur. The tour of the house would have been much more enjoyable had Ethan not shrieked through it. Of course by the time we got there it was about 11, pre-lunch, pre-nap not a great time. However, he absolutely loved playing in the Enchanted Woods, the garden they have for children. So much so that we came back after lunch and nap to play there again. IT was lovely, and there were very few other people there. He LOVED the mushrooms which misted water. I got a video which I'll upload later.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Auntie Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! As many times as I've been to Delaware, I've never visited the historical sites. However, we did do New Castle, and everything was closed then too. We also ate a lot of crabs.