Last night I finally finished sewing down the back of Ethan's chair pad. I also finished crocheting the ties. I put the chair in the kitchen so he'd be sure to see it this morning. At first he tried to take it out of the chair, but when he realized that he couldn't, he sat down on it. He put his feet up on his stool and read a book (yes, it's still in the kitchen- he likes to sit on the steps- and besides, if I take it upstairs I won't see it much). Then I gave him his mail. He had a thank you note from his Grandma Jo Ann, and a St. Patrick's Day card from Grandma and Pa. He looked at them, and then decided that the space between the two steps of the stool made a perfect mail slot. He put the mail through (and his book) then picked them up and started over.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Mail Call!
Last night I finally finished sewing down the back of Ethan's chair pad. I also finished crocheting the ties. I put the chair in the kitchen so he'd be sure to see it this morning. At first he tried to take it out of the chair, but when he realized that he couldn't, he sat down on it. He put his feet up on his stool and read a book (yes, it's still in the kitchen- he likes to sit on the steps- and besides, if I take it upstairs I won't see it much). Then I gave him his mail. He had a thank you note from his Grandma Jo Ann, and a St. Patrick's Day card from Grandma and Pa. He looked at them, and then decided that the space between the two steps of the stool made a perfect mail slot. He put the mail through (and his book) then picked them up and started over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Gee, Ethan, I never thought of sending you a St. Patrick's Day card, silly Grandma Deb. Oh well, I'm not as used to being a card sending Grandma as Granny. I'll get better! Happy St. Patrick's Day! and did you know that March 19th is St. Joseph's Day? That is not made as much fuss over but is important in the Italian culture You heard a little about it because there are little Italian pastries called St. Joseph's cakes and I usually try to get those for Uncle Joe's birthday.
Love, Grandma Deb
For clarification, Granny is my grandmother, Ethan's Great-Grandmother. Everyone in my family calls her Granny regardless of generation. Grandma Jo Ann is my mother. Ethan gets lots of mail from Grandma and Pa because we live too far away to visit.
It is fun to send you mail, but even more fun to see you reading it....we sent a card to Jonathan and Amber too.....love to all...
Post a Comment