Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little Reader



Ethan still isn't fond of being read to, but he does enjoy looking at his books. He especially enjoys lift the flap and touchy feely books. This one is called Where is Baby's Pumpkin. He got it especially for Halloween, but he's still enjoying it. He has a few others in this series. He also really likes one called Tails (he got that from our friends the Lovedays) that has pull tabs to make tails wag and other tails that have textures. I'm going to have to make Ethan his own Library Thing catalog.

Today we stayed busy. We baked iced oatmeal applesauce cookies, we went to a few stores (Ethan was a superstar, he didn't get fussy at all, though I did when I got home and realized I bought petite pants by accident. They are only about 6 inches too short!) and we even had lunch out. Well, just at starbucks but it was handy. Later in the day we went to Kmart to check out the Halloween clearance. We got a big metal decorated bucket, a fun "trick or treat" sign on a stake that can go in the yard, a couple of garlands for in the house, a sign for the door, a halloween tablecloth, and a pumpkin carving kit all for $4.03. It was marked down 90% off. I decided I'd start collecting after holidays for the next few years so when Ethan is old enough to notice we'll have some decorations.

2 comments:

Grandma and Pa said...

Sounds like you and mama had a busy day Ethan. Reading is a very good thing! You can travel anywhere through the pages of a book. Hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Those oatmeal cookies sure sound good Ethan. I hope you had one for your Aunt Linda.
I hope you always enjoy reading. You can find everything and anything in books.

love you
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis