He weighed in at 18lbs, 11 ounces, and is now 28 1/2" tall. That's 1/2" shy of being at the height limit for his car seat. Guess what I'm shopping for right now. Which means we're also in the market for a new stroller. If anyone has a great stroller that they love, please let me know what kind! I think I have it narrowed down, but there are SOOOO many it's hard to decide. All I know is that I don't need to be able to move a bus with it, some of them are really big and heavy.
This picture is actually from Monday. Ethan was smiling big because I told him we needed to take a picture for our friend Charlotte, who kindly sent him this very cute onesie. She lives in NM, so it has a nice southwest theme. He's starting to be a real ham for the camera, unlike me he seems to like it. (Good for him, because he doesn't have much choice :)
He's also started to demonstrate his will. He's stubborn like his father. Last night we had a bit of a tussle over his place mat. He thinks it's a toy he should pick up and play with. I think it needs to stay on the table. A number of tears and a lot of screaming later, it stayed on the table. Then we put it away for a few more weeks when we will try again. I can't believe he's already trying to see what he can get away with, but he looks at me when he does it like he really knows.

5 comments:
Wow Ethan, you must be eating miracle grow in your food. You're getting so big so fast and 9 months has sure gone by! Love you lots! Auntie Mandy and Uncle Jeff
I agree Mandy. He looks soooo big in this picture doesn't he? Can't believe he is almost a year old....only 3 more months. What a beautiful smile. Hold your ground mama, it probably will get worse, the terrible 2's are not a myth in most cases (sorry for that bit of wisdom there). He is still a good little boy and I'll bet Pa will have something to say about where the stubborness comes from.....Love, Grandma and Pa
Stubborn like his father? don't think so. I think it came from his MaMa who is without a doubt the most stubborn person on the face of the earth. Not that stubborn is a bad thing. Just rember he came by it honestly.
Love Pa
Just remember you had to get the stubborness from somewhere too Linda Marie (Aunt Linda will stick up for you). Ethan you are a little ham aren't you? What a delight you are to see.
Love Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis
Oh yes, we've fought the placemat battle too! Then we found some with suction cups on the bottom. Genious! And, Adelyn is WAY more stubborn than easy-going Ethan!
Post a Comment