Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day





















Here are a few shots of Ethan and James on Father's Day. Ethan got up very early to wish James a happy day. Very early. He made him a card w/ his handprints on it at daycare. He also got him a new wallet and (with a little help) made him a photobook.

Ethan would like to wish a happy father's day to his Pa and Gramps who he won't get to see today. He told me he hopes they have a good day. He said it like this "da daaaaa da" followed by a loud squeal. I interpreted.

We were planning to take James to the rodeo but he doesn't want to go. The weather is lousy, it's humid and sticky, and he wants to babyproof. Given how early Ethan woke up there's some hope for a nap too, and not just for Ethan. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Oh, and one new thing he did today- well, it's the first I've seen him do it anyway- he stood up in his crib. Mostly so he could chew on the rail on the top. But then he lost his balance and fell, just to a sitting position so I know it didn't hurt him, but he was mad and started crying just the same. Now he needs to learn how to sit down nicely after he's been standing.

We hope all the father's have a great day. Though I'm a little bitter that they get an entire day like mothers do, it's not as if they gave birth or anything. I think mother's day should be at least once a month.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day James! Ethan hope you had a great day with daddy!

Grandma and Pa said...

Pa thanks Ethan for the Happy Fathers day wish and for the pictures. I love and miss the little guy.We had a great time while he was in NC Love Pa

Grandma and Pa said...

It looks like you and Daddy had a wonderful day together Ethan. You have such a beautiful smile!!!Love you!!! Grandma

Anonymous said...

The Father's Day pictures are great. It looks like you had lots of fun.
Thanks for sharing.

Love you all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis