Ethan had another busy Saturday. He woke up bright and early at 6. Once we were ready to leave the house we went to the diner for breakfast. Then we went to have the oil changed in James's car, on to Babies 'R Us (a store I don't like very much, but some things are impossible to find elsewhere unless you order them online and sometimes you need them faster) and then Trader Joe's. From there, Ethan took a little nap in the car as we drove to Grandma Jean's. We had a nice visit with her. Ethan was charming for a little while, then showed her that he knew how to pitch a fit. His nap apparently wasn't long enough. We did not want him to sleep in the car on the way home though, because that would mess up the afternoon nap he seems to finally fallen into the habit of taking around 2 o'clock. I kept him awake somehow, and when we got home he had his bottle and napped for a long time. Then we went to Rich Farm for ice cream. He had a little of his dad's mint chocolate chip. We did not dare give him the chocolate chips, but he liked the mint a lot. We came home and had dinner, and then it was bath time and bed time.
The picture isn't from today, but I thought you all would enjoy seeing what fun he has playing with his food even if he doesn't want to eat it. They had frozen pancakes at Trader Joe's so I bought them. He really likes bread and cereal and all things carb, so I thought he would love it. But no, he just wanted to pick up the pieces and throw it at the floor. I finally got him to taste it and he spit it out. Feeding this child is endless frustration.

1 comment:
HI Ethan,
It sounds like you had a very busy day, but a fun day. I'm sure Grandma Jean was very glad to see you. We've had a very busy weekend too. Your new stroller and car seat are just beautiful. I'm sure you will take many happy rides in both of them. Hugs and kisses, Love, Grandma
Post a Comment