Friday, June 19, 2026

Vacation! New Brunswick

















 We had an 8+ hour drive to get from Freeport, Maine to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Right after we got through customs, we saw a sign for "Chocolate Town" and were like, um, YES! James made the exit and we found the chocolate shop and bought a few things to try, then we got back on the road. We stopped for lunch at Ossie's, where the claim on the sign was likely inflated a bit. I will give them bonus points for incredibly clean restrooms, though, and the fish and chips were good and quite generous. Our next stop was the Magnetic Hill Zoo. It was small and could use some updating, but had some of our favorite animals. I included the random people in the photo of the ostrich to give you an idea of how tall the bird was. I wouldn't want to run into that thing without two fences. The best part for me was the smell as I rounded a corner and realized that the lilacs were just blooming! We then headed for our PEI lodging.

No comments: