Saturday, June 20, 2026

Prince Edward Island- Anne of Green Gables



























 Whenever I mentioned that we were going to PEI, people would ask if we loved Anne of Green Gables. I don't know how I missed it, I read everything I could get my hands on as a kid, but I never read this book until I started planning this trip and realized how much tourism sprung up around it. I really enjoyed the book, though I thought the ending could have come out a little differently. We had lunch at a place called Avalon Village, which might be described as Dearborn Village meets food court. All of the buildings were moved from other sites, the one in the first picture was the schoolhouse where L.M. Montgomery taught. They contained restaurants and souvenir shops. We found a bbq place and then headed out for Green Gables Heritage Place. This was the site of the farmhouse that inspired the farm and settings in the book. It was well done, and I learned a lot more about Lucy Montgomery than I had known. I was horrified to learn she burned her early diary! 

No comments: