Monday, February 11, 2013

And it continues...




No school again today, so I was trying to give Ethan a few things to work on independently while I did some work at home. He did a great job working on some of his workbooks, in particular a connect the dots counting book, and a drawing shapes book. I also took a few minutes to whip up some play doh for him. He made chinese noodles with the garlic press. While totally edible, I can't imagine it would be very tasty so luckily he didn't really try it. I let him watch a movie at lunchtime- the first time in four days I've resorted to it, so I think it was ok. We also spent a good two and a half hours reading this afternoon for his "reading challenge" at school. Of course we read Katy and the Big Snow. School is closed again tomorrow. Not only haven't they cleared the parking lots and sidewalks well enough but the buses can't get through the streets. James said there was a backhoe on our street on his way home and it's once again two lanes wide. They are making progress.

1 comment:

Grandma and Pa said...

nice noodles Ethan....I'm glad you are keeping us entertained this week...is school starting up soon? I sure hope so......so you can have your party for Valentine's Day.....