These are some shots from around our house on Sunday. Maybe we should have left the cars in the garage, but we didn't think about the heavy snow making limbs fall. Others fell on each side of the house. The poor little Japanese maple seems to be recovering, remarkably it didn't break any limbs off.
Unfortunately, after all that work Halloween was pretty much cancelled. We went trick or treating at the Southbury Plaza with nearly every other kid in a 50 mile radius- all towns were saying not to go to houses and with so many people not having power it wouldn't have been possible to do what we ordinarily do. Of course it was the first year Ethan actually asked to go to houses. At least everyone he saw loved his squid costume and complimented him on being so original even if a few of them did mistake him for an octopus.
With power out everywhere, we've been doing our best to keep entertained. Ethan had school Monday so I worked from home for a while then picked him up for the tricks or treats at the plaza. Tuesday we played downstairs for a while. The library was an emergency recharging station, and with school closed I imagine it was insanely busy so we didn't do our usual errands. Ethan decided to be a bucket head, and I couldn't get it off for anything. Finally when I resolved to have to cut it off, he said "I don't want this on my head anymore" and yanked it right off.
The one good thing is that we were able to provide "emergency shelter" to Mandy, Jeff, and baby Gavin. Ethan enjoyed some quality time with his cousin. We were not happy that they were homeless for nearly a week, but glad they had a warm place to go.
Today we were surprised by those pretty fall colors that are supposed to be outside. Instead it looks like March with dirty snow everywhere. Ethan especially liked the sunflowers.
2 comments:
What a busy week you have had. From snow to Halloween to BEAUTIFUL flowers. How nice!!! I love the model.......glad the trees didn't do any damage...only the cleanup. LOVE the little squid!!! Good job...love to all...
can't thank you enough for letting us stay at your house. Linda, you are so kind and I'm grateful for you and James too. Especially Ethan, sharing all your toys with Gavin.
Post a Comment