I heard good things about Silverman's Farm in Easton, so we thought we would go there for pumpkins this year. We haven't been overwhelmed by any of the pumpkin options in the area. Most seem like gimmicks to make you pay more money for a pumpkin for the privilege of picking it. It's kind of like picking apples around here, it doesn't exactly make for an economical way to buy a lot of produce. Maybe next year we'll try again to grow one- maybe one of the other varieties would like our not so sunny lawn. They had a very nice petting zoo where we were able to feed a number of animals, and watch some others. We didn't really pick our pumpkin, but we had a lot to choose from. They had some interesting varieties but Ethan wanted me to put back the white one I chose in favor of a third orange one. We'll wait till almost Halloween to carve them.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Pumpkins!
I heard good things about Silverman's Farm in Easton, so we thought we would go there for pumpkins this year. We haven't been overwhelmed by any of the pumpkin options in the area. Most seem like gimmicks to make you pay more money for a pumpkin for the privilege of picking it. It's kind of like picking apples around here, it doesn't exactly make for an economical way to buy a lot of produce. Maybe next year we'll try again to grow one- maybe one of the other varieties would like our not so sunny lawn. They had a very nice petting zoo where we were able to feed a number of animals, and watch some others. We didn't really pick our pumpkin, but we had a lot to choose from. They had some interesting varieties but Ethan wanted me to put back the white one I chose in favor of a third orange one. We'll wait till almost Halloween to carve them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like a great pumpkin farm. I am with you Ehtan, I would want the traditional pumpkin also but maybe the white ones will give a whole new way of decorating them. I wonder if they taste the same as the orange. I see they have them down here also. Have fun carving them.
Love to all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis
Pumpkin carving is tricky work-and you have THREE of them to carve! Holy cow. Will you bake the seeds also? They are yummy too. I bet mom is planning lots of pumpkin bread....
What a beautiful day. Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year. Can't wait to see your Halloween pumpkin all carved out Ethan. Soon it will be time. hugs and kisses..
Post a Comment