Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lego Southbury

 Park on left with tree, picnic table, playground and pond. Our house on the right with stairs, bed at top of the stairs, kitchen chairs and table, counter with toaster and window.
 Library from the front on left and from the top on right.
 Southbury Foods front on left, interior with the checkout line and deli counter on right.

Another view of most of the city, in the top right you can see the crane and the bottom the bulldozer.

This morning Ethan and I built a city out of legos. I'm very impressed with us because I'm not one who can sit down w/ Legos and invent stuff. I admit to looking at the idea sheet for the crane and the bulldozer and the generic building you see near the crane in the bottom shot. The photos gave me trouble, when I tried adding words to say what things are they kept shifting. Hopefully you can figure it out. We built a crane and a bulldozer to help us build our city. Then we made a bridge, our house, Southbury Foods, a park, and finally the library. Don't think the buildings are enough. Southbury Foods needed a deli so we could get cheese, and a shopping cart. The house needed stairs and a bed, a table and chairs, and a toaster (which maybe you can see on the kitchen counter). Ethan was not happy that we didn't have toys that small to put in the library. The pond was not complete without a duck and a frog. Before I could get a shot of Ethan with the legos, the battery in the camera died. Before I could swap it out, Lego Southbury had been hit by hurricane Ethan and was no more.

3 comments:

Grandma Deb & Pop Pop said...

Wow, Ethan your city is FANTASTIC! 3 1/2 yrs old and you're doing this with mom already! Your Uncles Jeff and Joe loved constructing Lego Cities, just ask them the next time you see them-they'll tell you or better yet help you build one or two, I'm sure.
Love you lots,
Grandma Deb

Grandma and Pa said...

Looks like you had a very creative morning. What a great job you have done recreating your town. Sounds like Ethan had just as much fun tearing it down and putting it away. Thanks for sharing your creativity. Love to all

Aunt LInda said...

Love the logo Southbury. It sure looks like fun creating all of your buildings and rooms and a duck in the pond to top it all off. What a fun way to spend the afternoon.

love you all
Aunt LInda and Uncle Louis