Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More Letters


The Alexanders got Ethan a great set of cookie cutters, all letters and numbers. We haven't actually baked with them yet, but Ethan is really enjoying dumping them out of their container. He immediately found the "E" for Ethan and "L" for me and "J" for James. He also can find the "P" for Pumpkin Patch his dog. As you can see by his chair, we are quite well stocked on stuffed toys now. He wanted another one when we were in a store today and despite the 75% Christmas clearance I said absolutely not one more stuffed thing! Mostly he was cranky today, and he's definitely exhibiting more of the two year old behavior- a lot of things are "MINE" now and last night on the way home I heard "No home Mommy!" "Mommy Listen!" "NO Home! Go grocery store." He has his own will, not sure where he got that.
Yesterday at school he apparently orchestrated a tea party for his friends when he found a toy kettle in the kitchen. Oh, and another new thing is that he refers to tupperware as "boxes." It took me a while to figure this one out, he would say that cookies are in the box but tonight when I got out leftovers he said "it's in the box Mommy" and I finally got it. I have no idea where that came from.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Grandma Deb and PopPop said...

Wow, a tea party! Ethan, you sure know how to throw a good time. I bet your teachers were amazed at your expertise. Keep having fun at school.

Aunt Linda said...

You are getting to be quite the little talker Ethan. We love hearing about your new words and conversations. Thanks to your momma for keeping us up to date.

love to all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis

Grandma and Pa said...

You are just soooooo cute and clever too. Soon you will be spelling all kinds of words....love the expressions you make too. hugs and kisses