Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mail!


Ethan is really enjoying all of the cards we've been getting this holiday season so thanks to everyone who has sent them. I thought you'd all enjoy this interactive card he got from Grandma and Pa. You may not be able to tell from the scan, but the face, hats, buttons, mittens, candy canes, etc. are all stickers that he had to dress the snowmen with. He did a pretty good job I think. Especially the candy cane in the penguin's hand.

Today we went to the museum for a program. Ethan got to poke cloves in a clemintine, smell lots of spices, color a picture of a gingerbread man, listen to a story, and build a "gingerbread" house out of graham crackers. When he received the graham crackers to decorate for the roof, he immediately ate them. They were on a plate after all, what else would he think to do with them? He did eventually figure out the goal and made the house. The sides caved in a bit, so I left it at work to dry and will attempt to get it home tomorrow. This afternoon we made more Christmas cookies, and he sprinkled colored sugar and sampled a few.

Mom, the Snoopy is one off a box of Whitman's samplers. I remember them but I don't have any of the ones we had when we were kids.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grandma and Pa said...

Ethan, you have done a wonderful job fixing up Mr. Snowman and Mr. Penguin. They are all ready now for Christmas. You sure are having lots of fun getting ready for the Holiday and thanks to Mama for sharing all of your preparations with us! Love to all