As some of you may know (and as he never lets us forget) my father's favorite cookies are cherry winks. I do not share his love, especially as it involves chopping up sticky marischino cherries and about twelve steps before they go into the oven. I debated whether or not to even make them. But in the end I decided I would do it on Sunday and Ethan could help. I mixed up the dough ahead of time so we wouldn't have to do that. Ethan crushed the cornflakes. Then my idea was that I would drop the dough in them and he would roll them around. But he also wanted to try his hand at the scoop. Then when I was putting the cherries on he wanted to do that too. He actually honest to goodness helped. He wasn't just playing with it, he really managed all the steps. Not for each cookie, but he tried everything and did it with minimal mess. I was very impressed, and I think Pa was too when he got them on his doorstep today. I ordered the photo to be printed in their pharmacy and Mom picked it up and gave it to him when he got the package, so he got to see who really made them.

2 comments:
What a big help you are getting to be in the kitchen Ethan. You could have given Your Uncle Louis and I lots of help with our cookies.
Bet they are good.
Love you
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis
Ethan thank you so much for the wonderful cookies The cookies were great but they are gone now but the love that went into them will remain forever. I love you.
Pa
Post a Comment