Thursday, August 13, 2009

Playing in the Living Room



I got home from Austin at something like 12 o'clock am last night/this morning. I think this morning when he woke up, Ethan was happy to see me. He said he missed me :) I think he grew while I was gone for three days. Today it was wet out (just like yesterday, which is why I got home so late). It rained, stopped, and rained again. So Ethan and I were confined to the house. But in light of a recent water pipe related disaster, his bedroom, the downstairs bedroom, and the basement were not really ideal places to play. Yes, this water diaster spanned three floors. It's on its way to resolution, but not before major upheaval. We spent some time in the living room where Ethan, much to my chagrin, climbed up on the couch with his shoes on. Yeah, I could have stopped taking pictures but I figured at least we hadn't gone out so they weren't wet. But we took them off shortly after. He also had fun climbing in "Daddy's chair" and reading Mr. Grumpy. Crazy Uncle Derek gave Ethan a bunch of those books, Mr. Grumpy, Mr. Tickle, and some others. Anyway if you've read Mr. Grumpy, you know that he says, "BAH!" a lot whenever people talk to him. So Ethan was reading to himself, he would open the book, say "How you?" and then answer himself, "BAH!!!" It was so darned funny. I took a little video of him. Even though he had cast aside the Mr. Grumpy book and opened his bear book, he was continuing to read the same lines. We think Crazy Uncle Derek would approve.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Auntie Mandy said...

Ethan, you are too funny! You crack me up with your new words and sentences. I shouldn't laugh because you're learning but, it is too darned cute!!!

Grandma and Pa said...

BAH!!!!! How Cute. Jonathan and Amber and I just got a chuckle listening to you read. We are making brownies and crock-pot macaroni and cheese for dinner. Wish you were all here. hugs and kisses!!! Hope you get the mess taken care of soon. It is never fun to be "out of sorts". Makes you feel BAH like Mr. Grumpy huh?