Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Donuts


Last week we went to a playgroup meetup at a state park nearby. It was kind of fun but a little scary. There are waterfalls, and there aren't many barriers to them so we had to be very watchful of the little ones who know no fear. In one spot in the water the falls were creating foam that was spinning around and looked just like a giant donut. The kids just stood there staring at it saying "donut" over and over. I don't think Ethan had ever eaten a donut unless they had them at daycare for something, so I'm not sure why he was so excited about it. But of course it got me thinking of donuts, and around here there's only one place to get them. So James and Ethan headed off Sunday morning to get us some of those famous donuts. Ethan had a great time playing with them, and licking the sugar off his fingers, but he didn't really seem interested in eating them. He already had his real breakfast so that might have had something to do with it, but he didn't seem to understand what he was missing out on. He'll learn. Meanwhile, more donut for me! This weekend was productive although not so fun. We cleaned a lot. Washed curtains, rugs, bedding, regular laundry, floors, walls, and everything in between. I don't think the washer got a minutes rest.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Grandma and Pa said...

Ethan, donuts are a GOOD THING!!! When I was a little girl, your Granny used to make the BEST homemade donuts. I have the recipe, maybe I should resurrect it some day and see if I can make them the same. You will learn to like them I'm sure. Was the waterfall park the same one we went too once on a visit? Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Love, Grandma and Pa

Aunt LInda and Uncle Louis said...

Ethan, I remember those donuts that your Grandma is talking about. Your Great Granny used to make lots of them. The best part were the donut holes. I for one would love to have one of them right now with my coffe.
You are just the cutest helping Mamma in the kitchen. Maybe you will grow up to be a star Chef one day.
Love you loads
Aunt Linda

Linda Hocking said...

Hmmm... I don't remember Granny making donuts, but I do remember Mom making them. I bet it was her recipe. I know that when I first tasted these that's what they reminded me of. Yes, the park was the same one we took you guys to.