Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wagon Wheels


Barilla is having a contest to pick out a kid to show enjoying their new piccolini pasta. I sent them this collage of Ethan. Do you think he'll make the weekly top ten? I'll let you decide- this is the gallery of the kids they've picked so far. The prize is a scholarship, so I figured what the heck.

Tonight he didn't cry at all (yet). He's been babbling, but I haven't heard him in a while and think he might be asleep. He woke up last night around midnight but only for about five minutes. He only cried a few minutes today at naptime. I read somewhere four days would be about the time it takes to adjust, and today is the fourth day so I guess that seems to be right for him too. He saw a little girl walking into the grocery store today with her pacifier in her mouth, I thought that might result in a fit but fortunately it did not.

We went to a playgroup this afternoon. He's getting to be a bit of a challenge at those because if any other kid comes near a toy that is in his vicinity, regardless of whether he's playing with it, he throws a fit. I don't know if that comes from having to defend his territory in daycare or what, but it's really hard to explain why he has to share and try to get them to play with each other rather than just near each other. Hopefully that's coming soon.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Grandma and Pa said...

I think Ethan could win any contest!!! He's got a good chance I would say...

Hmmmmmmmm learning to share is hard, but persistence will pay off......love you....

Grandma Deb & Pop Pop said...

Ethan, I think Barilla would be very smart to choose you for their spokesperson! You are so good looking you'll make their pasta look great!
The scholarship is quite a bonus too! You might even get modeling jobs!
Good luck!
Love, Grandma and Pop Pop

Aunt Linda said...

Well, I sure know who I would vote for. I can't remember seeing anyone enjoy their Wagon Wheels more than you Ethan.
Good Luck

Love Aunt Linda