Saturday, May 30, 2009

School Pictures


Ethan got his picture taken at daycare again. It's very handy because we don't have to take him anywhere. This time we got the CD with the digital images, which also gave us copyright so we can have more made if we want to. It was taken in April when he was 19 months plus a few weeks old.

Yesterday another kid bit him at daycare. He was playing with legos and I guess the other kid wanted the same lego so Ethan's shoulder paid the price. He's fine, but they had to call me to tell me. I am glad he isn't much of a biter. He will try to chew on my fingers because his teeth hurts, but knock on wood, he hasn't tried biting me when he was angry. Slapping yes, biting no. I'd rather deal with hitting if I have to have one or the other.

Today was hard for the little guy. We decided that this was the first weekend we had w/ out company or specific events so last night we put him to bed without the pacifiers. He's only had them at bedtime for a while now. After half an hour of screaming I caved and let him have them. Then today for naptime, we did not give it to him. He cried for a good 15-20 minutes, slept for about an hour (less than half what he normally does) cried for 15 minutes, slept another 20, then was clearly not going back to sleep. When we put him to bed he cried again for about 40 minutes before finally going to sleep. We'll see how he does tonight. I expect him to wake up crying once or twice.

We did take him to the playground where he had fun going down the slides and on the swing so he had some fun. The ice cream truck was there and I got him an ice cream sandwich but he wouldn't even try it. He was too busy.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Grandma Deb & Pop Pop said...

What a handsome boy! Thank you for these great pictures!
Poor Ethan, what was that other kid thinking? What did Ethan do when this happened??
Ethan, you are a cutie!
I love you lots!!

Grandma and Pa said...

Ethan your pictures are so super! Hope your weekend got better...it's hard growing up sometimes....but you went to the playground..bet that was fun! Love hearing about your days and adventures. hugs and kisses to you

Tara said...

great pictures!! he looks so grown up, gosh!

i hope tonight was better sans pacifers! we've been there. it does get easier!

Aunt Linda said...

You are such a handsome little man Ethan. I can't remember seeing even one of your pictures where you weren't smiling.

Thank you once again Linda for taking the time to do the blog.

Love you all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Louis