Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Toy?




Today was another day of just Ethan and me. The third in a row. James went to see the Jets on Sunday. Ethan and I had Monday off, he did not. And I don't work on Tuesdays anyway, so there you have it. Three days of me and the little guy. He's teething and has a cold so he's just a treat to be around. Well, most of the time he is, but after that afternoon nap, he's very unpredictable. Today we went to Kmart. Just like Ray I had to buy underwear at Kmart. Well, either that or travel half an hour to buy James the Hanes at a swankier store like, say, Target. But I digress. Now perhaps you'll say I'm giving you too much information about his underwear, but really, what difference is there in men's underwear? Not that much. And besides, if he were home from work right now (8:16pm) I wouldn't be sitting here typing this, I'd be conversing with my husband. I digress again. The kmart men's underwear aisle is just wide enough to fit a cart through. That means that Ethan could reach everything on either side of him. Those plastic packages were too exciting to resist. He was grabbing them and pulling them into the cart. Well a few of them were fine, just what I was looking for in fact. But then he got overzealous. No one needs THAT many pairs of underwear. So as we exited the aisle and I tore that last package out of his hands and put it on the shelf, he arched his little back, threw his head back, and let out the most blood-curdling scream that had to last at least 30 seconds. I was mortified. I looked at him and said "Shhhhhhhhh" and he just looked back at me like nothing happened and was perfectly fine the rest of the time we were there. While we were there, we got some tissues. This box was empty, so I gave it to Ethan when we got home. It was a great place to stash parts of other toys, and even more fun to try chewing on.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda and Ethan,
I'd love to come up and keep you company any time I'm off from school! Please call me next time and I'll go shopping with you two or do any other activity you'd like! Pulling things into the cart is a fun thing to do-your Daddy was good at that too! And just think about Uncle Jason, he's still good at it-now he's teaching Aidan and Bowen how to shop too!

Love, Grandma Deb

Anonymous said...

Ah Ethan, the simplest things make the best toys.
You sound like a pretty good shopper. It is always best to buy in quantity.

love you
Aunt Linda

Grandma and Pa said...

I like that box Ethan. It has pretty colors. Now you know why they load down the check outs with candy and junk, cause the kids will fight for it! Patience, he's testing you. Love to all.