Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ethan's First Christmas Disaster

Yes folks, a few ornaments were injured during the making of this post. As you can see, our Christmas tree fell over. And after everyone (mostly Metzner) spent all that time placing the ornaments. I did tell you I'd redo them, but this isn't what I had in mind....
Luckily most of what broke were just plain old glass bulbs that I got on clearance one year. We did lose a few of the ornaments Candace made and one of the pottery balls we got in NC one year.

We had quite a mess of needles and glass to clean up but it's standing again. Hopefully it stays that way. I'll give it a few days before I put the glass stuff back on. I told Ethan it saves him the trouble of having to break them next year :) And for those of you who are wondering, he was no where near the tree. He is mostly unscathed, though I can't testify to the psychological effects of watching ones first Christmas tree topple over- he did see it happen.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!!! I told Uncle Jeff what had happened and all he could say was did it fall towards the table. I can't believe it and hope this doesn't resort to a fake tree next year!!
Ethan, you are going to laugh one day about your first Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I forgot, I think you may need a new tree stand.

Grandma and Pa said...

So sorry to hear of your experience, but all is well that ends well, no one was hurt and that is the main thing. and......you are right Aunt Mandy, all will laugh about it one day.

Linda Hocking said...

Yes, it fell towards the table. Well, more so the top was pointing at the TV, fortunately it didn't reach that far. The only thing in its way was the armchair, so nothing got hurt. The Christmas doll I had was in a basket under it and remarkably was unscathed. No fake trees, James won't have it. Plus I just heard a story about how they take several hundred years to degrade in landfills while real trees are recycled as mulch and for other things. The stand is ok. I bought a new one and was informed that it had nothing to do with it. So I guess I'm returning it.

Babs said...

This is very strange because you don't have pets. What made it fall if it wasn't the stand? I wonder . . .

Anonymous said...

hey oimg!!! so sorrry about your ornaments i know that could be upsetting Amber