Friday, April 18, 2014
Ethan and Mama Day!
I do not have Good Friday off. Instead we get a floating holiday of choice, so I decided to take off Wednesday to have an adventure with Ethan. Since it was winter weather again, we headed to New Haven for indoor activities. We started with a visit to the Peabody. We checked out the new dinosaur eggs exhibit, witnessed a puppet show, played mini golf and made a monkey mask. Ethan even got to hold a walking stick bug! Do you notice that he is a label reader? The rare breed of museum goer who actually pays attention to the stuff it took the staff hours to write? I'm so happy about that.
When it was time for lunch, we headed over to park near the Yale Art Museum and had lunch at Atticus which is also a bookstore. After that, we checked out the art museum. As you can see, as I was taking his picture near the lion relief, dated 600BC, he reached up and touched it. I was mortified. I tried to remain calm, and the guard didn't even say anything, so I'm assuming I handled it ok. And he didn't touch anything else, so I guess that's a plus. We contemplated some of the art, checked out the Van Goghs and Matisses, which Ethan has learned about in art class, and also wandered up and down the amazing spiral stair cases. We had a great day out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment