Sunday, October 13, 2013

More Apples!







Ethan and I had a great morning yesterday. We headed to Washington Depot. Our first stop was the Gunn Library's book sale where we hauled away quite a bag from the children's section. Ethan got some Magic School Bus and Berenstein Bears Books (I can't believe there are a few he doesn't have!) as well as some Magic Tree House and Junie B. Jones. I even managed to sneak in a few that may appear at Christmas, including several Miss Piggle Wiggle and all of the Pippi Longstockings. Yay! After the book sale, we managed to find Averill Farm. We started with a donut for me, a chocolate chip cookie for Ethan and a cup of cider to share. Then we got a cart and a few bags and headed to the apples. Once we filled that up, it was on to the pears. We didn't pick a lot of pears because some crazy kid I know only eats fruit raw- no pies, tarts, etc. Though he did agree to try apple sauce again. Hope he will like it! After that, we paid for our haul and got some cider as well, and then we visited the pizza tent to grab some lunch. We went home to get James, who had been painting, and headed out for another adventure.

1 comment:

Grandma and Pa said...

Great apples and really nice pears, look good enough to eat. A great Fall activity. We did have fun picking apples....I still need to do something with them though...