Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to everyone. It's a bittersweet mother's day. This year, more than ever, I realize how lucky I am to be spending the day with my sweet little boy. And though my grandmas are not here physically, I am fortunate to have had them in my life for as long as I did, and grateful that they both got to know my little e. He may not remember them, but they will live on through him in the values they taught my parents which they taught me and I hopefully and teaching him. I am also realizing how lucky I am that my own mother didn't blow a gasket dealing with such a house full of obstinate opinionated people :)
Ethan came home Friday all excited. He made me two little pots that he planted flowers in, one at Kindergarten and one at K Enrichment. He also asked me for money to go to the school's plant sale so I gave him some, and he came home with a six pack of petunias and one of a purple flower and a four inch pot of thyme and another of sage. He did a great job choosing just the right thing. He made me two cards which I convinced him to let me wait to open until tomorrow.
I hope you all have a great day, whether you are celebrating being a mother or having a great one.

3 comments:

Grandma Deb and Pop Pop said...

A wonderful Mother's Day to you too Linda! You are a fantastic mother to Ethan and we are so very proud to have you as a daughter in law! Thank you for your lovely note here, about your Grandma's!
We hope to see you all soon,
Love, Deborah and Bryan

Grandma and Pa said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. Thanks for the lilacs...........great pics!!! Love, Mom

Aunt Linda said...

Glad you had a great mother's day Linda Marie. You are right that it is a bittersweet day. Ethan, treasure your parents while you can and listen to those family values that your mom and dad teach you and you will be a success in life.
There is nothing like having a loving family and we certainly have been lucky to have just that
Love Aunt LInda and Uncle Louis and Gizmo