Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day







We started off the day by making James pancakes, per Ethan's request. Then we took the ice cream mix we made yesterday and put it in the ice cream freezer to get it ready for tonight. After that, Ethan and James read a while and I cleaned. Then we headed to the Goshen Stampede to watch the rodeo. We've never been, and given their seating situation I'm not sure I would do it again. I think there are about three rows of bleachers where a person could actually see, and the people in them were probably there all day to keep them. We did manage to see a few things through the slats of the fence, that is when the rude people standing there (despite being told repeatedly to move) shifted just right. Once we had enough of that we let Ethan pick one ride. He wanted to go on the Scrambler, and he's not tall enough to go alone so I went on it with him. He loved it, he giggled the whole time. Then we headed home where Ethan and James hung out in his room playing dinosaur while I pulled weeds and made dinner. After dinner we got to try our ice cream. It came out great. Can you see the line of ice cream on Ethan's forehead? That's from picking up the dish to try to slurp up the melted ice cream ;)
 Happy Father's Day to all the dads.

1 comment:

Grandma and Pa said...

HappyFather's Day James. Looks like you hd a great day!!! Thanks for sharing.