Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Party Setup

 
We had a lot of games and activities set up for the kids. This was "Volcano Golf" which I'm saving to give to Metz for his putting green. It's a bunch of boxes taped together, papier mached over, and  painted. Ethan helped a lot with the painting. 
 
This was horseshoes with "dinosaur shoes" made from cereal boxes and craft foam, decorated with some glitter glue. Ethan tried these ahead of time. 
 
We also set up the kick-ball croquet with a few other sets of dinosaur shoes. 
 
This was the "dinosaur cave" which you may recognize from previous posts as Ethan's "fort."  James painted the tv box green, we decorated it with dinosaur posters and added the dinosaur mat I made and put in the dinosaur books Grandma and Pa got him with a little dino board game and all the toy dinosaurs.
 
At this table we had "roaring contest"winner ribbons, the kids roared (if they would) and we gave them ribbons for loudest roar, wackiest roar, etc. We also let them make paper plate dinosaur masks with paper and foam decorations, markers, pencils, etc. I had some pre-made masks as well for kids who weren't interested in making a craft. 


 
This guy was our bean bag toss game, bean bags recycled from last year's party. Thanks Grandma Jo Ann. 
 
Here we had salt dough in gray to make the volcano and as red as I could get it to make the lava. There were boxes to take them home in and markers and stickers to decorate with. 
 
The pinata was the centerpiece until it was opened. We also had a "pin the horn on the triceratops" game. 































What I didn't get pictures of- the dinosaur egg favors in the nest or the dinosaur tracks in the driveway but here they are from when I made them. Thanks again to Kate for her help with the papier mache! This time was a little less hectic with setup than last year- I finished the cake Friday night so we had a leisurely set up, oh and no power outage was a plus.

1 comment:

Grandma and Pa said...

What a grand party! I'm sure everyone had a great time, lots of fun and a great slice of cake too! You are a blessed boy Ethan! hugs and kisses