Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Smarshmallows



Ethan had his 3 year checkup today. There were no shots, according to them they do this so kids don't think they get shots every time they go to the office. He did a great job doing what the doctor asked. He weighs 30.5 lbs and is 37.25" tall.
It was a rainy sticky day, so after we got home we had some cocoa, baked a loaf of bread, and goofed around with new toys. This afternoon, we decided to make chocolate rice krispy treats. If you can't tell, Ethan enjoys the smarshmallows.
For inquiring minds, to make them chocolate stir 1/4 cup good quality dutch cocoa powder in with the melted butter before adding the marshmallows.  The better the cocoa, the better they taste.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Grandma and Pa said...

Krispy treats are one of my favorites, but I don't think I have ever had chocolate ones...lucky you!!! I did make Pa a chocolate cake last night and thought of you..you do love your chocolate....sounds like a perfect day. Love,

Aunt LInda and Uncle Louis said...

mmmmmm good is what I say for the chocolate krispy treats. Add some peanutbutter next time too Ethan.
They don't last long around our house.

Love you
aunt Linda and Uncle Louis

Grandma Deb and POPPOP said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day-good checkup and smarshmallows-Yum, yum, yum!
You are growing and growing and your snacks are tastier and tastier -
Love you lots,