Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sick Baby


Ethan and I went to see his doctor this morning. He was so grouchy that I decided he must have bigger problems than a cold. He has an ear infection so he's on medicine for that. She said it's probably because of the congestion. He also has a spiffy new nebulizer to help clear up his breathing. He's going back in the morning to see how long he has to keep doing that. He's really good about the mask. At $25 a pop for renting it and about $100 to buy one, I decided to buy one. The doctor suggested it both for convenience and because she said by the time they are old enough not to need it you will have rented it enough to pay for it.

Anyway he seemed to be in a better mood this afternoon than this morning so hopefully the medicines are kicking in. He really hates having his nose wiped and it's all red so who can blame him? Instead I decided to hand him the tissue. He did ok with it and didn't scream. We also stopped at the store to get some softer ones and to get some sick food like chicken soup and pudding. I considered making him chicken soup but given he's kept us up for two nights with his coughing and I have his cold, I don't really feel like it. I did branch out and make him some homemade jello with pomegranate blueberry juice. He's going to have to try that tomorrow though because I made it too late.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Ethan, cold and earache, yuck! But look at you blowing your own nose, good boy. Feel better with that special jello mommy has made you, that's a yummy flavor!
love, Gram

Grandma and Pa said...

So sorry to hear Ethan and you are both sick again. Hopefully the nebulizer will work quickly and the meds will clear it up. Will pray for a speedy recovery. Just checked the blog, so didn't get the news until today. Hope you are both feeling better. Love to all..